We live in such an amazingly beautiful place with so much to do in such a short season we would never want you to stay indoors for fear of the nasty mosquito or tick bite! Let us help you get the most out of our beautiful West Michigan seasons.
Mosquito facts you may like to know:
- There are over 60 species of mosquitos in Michigan
- Some of these species are 30 million years old, give or take a million!
- Some will lay their eggs on stagnant water, like small ponds and kiddie swimming pools. Others will lay their eggs in dryer areas and hatch out only after heavy rains or flooding. Sometimes eggs can hatch as much as 5 years after being laid!
- As you may well know, mosquitos are capable of carrying some dangerous diseases including West Nile Virus.
- Once an egg hatches they mainly come out at night or in highly shaded areas for a blood meal. That’s us humans.
Proper Mosquito Control
It’s a beautiful thing now that we can treat for mosquitos and ticks! Newer products on the market have made our mosquito control service an effective solution to a growing problem. The treatment for both is the same. Using a fogger, we will treat your landscaping and around the perimeter of your mowed lawn. If you have areas of standing water, we will address those as well to help prevent mosquitos from hatching out. There are some things you can do to help reduce your mosquitos and ticks. Cutting back overgrown shrubbery and keeping your lawn cut short can help as can reducing the areas of standing water you may have. For the best results, we recommend treating monthly from May through September as the product will last approximately one month.
Yes, we can help make your next backyard party, graduation open house, family reunion or any outdoor event more enjoyable with a one-time application done before your event. Call us for details.